From Wireless Internet Redistribution System
Revision as of 21:28, 23 February 2013 by Admin (Created page with "__NOTOC__ ==Step 1== *Verify that your routers are compatible. See WRT54G for a compatibility list. The project supports between 1 and 8 routers. ==Step 2== *Reset the ...")
- Verify that your routers are compatible. See WRT54G for a compatibility list. The project supports between 1 and 8 routers.
- Reset the firmware on your routers. This is done by turning the router on and holding down the reset button on the back of the router for 30 seconds.
- Download the freifunk firmware from http://download-master.berlin.freifunk.net/ipkg/. (Note that the version illustrated here is version 1.4.5 (in the "attic" folder). The latest version is 1.6.15.)
- Open folder g+gl if you're using WRT54G or WRT54GL routers.
- Open folder gs if you're using WRT54GS routers.
- The image used for the wirds.net project is "openwrt-g-freifunk-1.4.5-en.bin"
Upload the firmware to the router:
- Read the risk information.
- Power on the router and connect your computer (via an ethernet cable) to it to any of the 4 LAN ports on the back (they are labeled 1,2,3,4).
- Open http://192.168.1.1/Upgrade.htm username is blank, password is 'admin'. For newer GL models the address is http://192.168.1.1/Upgrade.asp
- Select the image you downloaded in the previous step.
- Do not unplug or disconnect the router during the upgrade process.
- Configure the new firmware.
- Download additional packages nas and chillispot.
- Setup a worldspot.net account and create a ticket for your wireless users.
- Configure chillispot to authenticate using the worldspot.net server.
- Setup the new firewall
- Deploy and test your new wireless mesh network!